Photo credit: http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/
The Doctor Who Christmas Special was one of the Christmas treats I was most looking forward to. My Christmas Day basically involved going to Church in the morning, chilling out with a few friends in the afternoon, and then heading back home for the Christmas Day telly. Of the Christmas Day telly treats, this was top of my list!
I really enjoyed the episode. These are the things I loved:
- Carpe Diem. Seizing the opportunity of having a Victorian setting to bring Doctor Who and Sherlock Holmes together.
- I LOVED Matt Smith giving it his all as Sherlock Holmes - that was sheer genius.
- I loved the scene between Matt Smith and the mirror ie Matt Smith, the mirror, the bow tie, and the rendition of the "Bow Ties are Cool" line. In response to this I would say: "So are Deerstalkers".
- I loved the re-imagining of Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson as a married lesbian couple. This will help bang the drum for our Equal Marriage campaign.
- Finally, I loved the staircase to heaven and the whole TARDIS floating on a cloud scenario.
All in all, another Christmas treat and a box of delights from Steven Moffat and Matt Smith - THANK YOU!
Photo credit: http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/post/37220809913/promo-image-from-doctor-who-the-snowmen