It is neck and neck between Benedict Cumberbatch and David Tennant for Best Actor in the Whatsonstage.com Awards, with David just slightly ahead at the moment (David is on 28%, compared to Benedict's 27%). These are the latest stats:
Best Actor in a Play
1. Benedict Cumberbatch – Frankenstein at the National, Olivier
2. Jude Law – Anna Christie at the Donmar Warehouse
3. Kevin Spacey – Richard III at the Old Vic
4. David Tennant – Much Ado About Nothing at Wyndham’s
5. James Earl Jones – Driving Miss Daisy at Wyndham’s
6. James Corden – One Man, Two Guvnors at the National, Olivier & Adelphi
Obviously, we want Benedict to win so VOTE BENEDICT NOW! I am saying this because I saw both performances live. There is no competition. Benedict as the Creature in Frankenstein was outstanding and, without a doubt, one of the best performances I have seen on the London stage EVER.
Photo credit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/8343655/Frankenstein-in-pictures.html
To see the latest results across all the categories, follow the link:
Voting closes on 31 January. Winners are announced and trophies presented on Sunday 19 February.